Blue Damselfish (Chrysiptera cyanea)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
- Blue Damselfish, Blue Devil Damselfish, Sapphire Devil, Cornflower Sergeant-Major
Additional scientific names
- Glyphisodon cyaneus, Glyphisodon uniocellatus, Glyphisodon azureus, Glyphidodon assimilis
- Indo-West Pacific: eastern edge of the Indian Ocean and Western Australia to New Guinea, New Britain, Solomon Islands, Marianas and Caroline Islands, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan and Ryukyu Islands.
- Adult males distinctly have yellowish orange colours on the tail.
- This fish is known to be territorial towards others of it's kind, but if provided with many areas to stake out territories and free swimming space, you can cut down on this territorial behaviour.
- This fish is hardy when it comes to feeding. Most food is accepted, including flake. Feed a varied diet including live, frost, freeze dried, and dry foods. If possible, this fish should be fed little and often. If not, feed at the same time every day.
- If possible, feed little and often, if not, feed at the same time every day.
- Needs an SG of 1.020-1.025.
- Known to be territorial towards others of it's kind, this fish can overcome it's aggressive nature if you provide it with many hides and free swimming space. Like Clownfish, the Blue Damsel is known to stick it's head in and out of it's hiding place several times before exiting it's home. It will wait for food to come near it's hiding place and then dart out to capture food.
- Similar to the Yellowtail Blue Damselfish minus yellow markings.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )