Hawaiian Red Shrimp (Halocaridina rubra)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Hawaiian Red Shrimp
1.008 - 1.016
7.5 - 8.0
This animal is available captive bred
- Hawaiian Red Shrimp, Hawaiian Volcano Shrimp, Anchialine Shrimp, Opae ula
- Will only breed in brackish water.
- Due to this shrimp being exceptionally tiny it's best kept in a species tank without fish.
- Eats mostly algae. Can also eat carrots, zucchini.
- This shrimp requires brackish water in the long run and will thrive best in salty conditions rather than freshwater.
- Will often hide during the day and come out once the lights are turned off.