Spike Tail Trumpet Snail (Melanoides granifera)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Spike Tail Trumpet Snail
7.2 - 8.5
This animal is available captive bred
- Spike Tail Trumpet Snail
- All individuals are hermaphroditic and livebearers, a single snail can turn into many.
- A peaceful snail, will not bother tank inhabitants. However, should not be kept with aggressive fish that may attack it such as Loaches or Pufferfish.
- A scavenging snail, will constantly hunt for food and can be supplemented with blanched vegetables and algae wafers.
- Most active at dusk, or just after lights out.
- Likes to burrow so a sand substrate is preferred. Generally doesn't eat aquarium plants.
- Different from the more common Melanoides tuberculata in that it's shell is shorter and stockier, usually coloured a rich red-brown.