Orchid Dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
This animal is available captive bred
- Orchid Dottyback, Fridman's Dottyback, Fridmani Pseudochromis
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- It is very difficult to visually sex this fish.
- A reef-safe fish that is useful as it preys on mantis shrimp and bristleworms as well as other pest invertebrates.
- It can be territorial, and will chase other fish, so is best kept either one Pseudochromis to a tank or if there is to be more than one Pseudochromis in the tank it should be spacious and they should be added at the same time.
- A carnivorous fish, will readily take mysis shrimp and prepared foods.
- Feed twice a day.
- Requires a mature tank with plenty of live rock and hiding places.
- A small fish that takes refuge in caves in live rock. As it becomes more confident in its surroundings it will swim in open water and will chase other similar-sized fish.
- A long vivid violet coloured body, a horizontal line crosses through the eye. The fins are violet-blue in colour, as are the eyes.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )