Orbiculate Cardinalfish (Sphaermia orbicularis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
This animal is available captive bred
- Orbiculate Cardinalfish, Polka-dot Cardinalfish
Additional scientific names
- Apogon orbicularis
- East Africa to Kiribati, north to the Ryukyu Islands, south to New Caledonia; Belau to eastern Caroline and Mariana Islands in Micronesia.
- These fish are not easy to visually sex.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Reef tank
- Mixes well with peaceful tankmates.
- Can be mistaken for the similar-looking Sphaeramia nematoptera. The S.orbicularis is less colourful than the S.nematoptera. It also has less defined spotting and a thinner mid-body dark vertical band. It is greenish-grey in colour and has mottled spotting all over.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )