Tiger Cowrie (Cypraea tigris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
8.9-15.2cm (3.5-6 ")
8.0 - 8.4
22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Tiger Cowrie, Tiger Cowry
- Indo-Pacific from Micronesia, and Polynesia to East Africa
- Males are smaller than females.
- This snail is reef safe.
- Herbivorous; needs lots of algae in its diet.
- Reef tanks will suffice, if it's big enough, however, this large cowrie may knock over objects; though this is not a concern in tanks with secure rockwork, etc.
- Has a spotted shell. Largest cowrie known.