Pearlscale Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus)
265 Litres (70 US G.)
12-15 cm (4.7-5.9")
8.2 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Yellow-Tailed Butterflyfish, Philippine Chevron Butterflyfish
It is found on or around the reefs of the central Indo-Pacific region from Indonesia and the Philippines north to the Ryukyu Islands.
- Not compatible with very small shrimp species, should be safe with larger peaceful species. Keep with peaceful fish species only.
- May initially be finicky to prepared diets. A common technique for acclimation is clam-on-the-half-shell wrapped in bridal veil. Will eat small meaty foods such as mysis shrimp and other frozen foods when successfully acclimated.
- Feed two to three times a day, keeping the diet varied.
A reef tank is suitable
- Peaceful, bold and generally safe with most invertebrates. Quite hardy though somewhat prone to marine ich.
- A high sided fish with a crisscross pattern. Sports a yellow bar towards the rear, and on the tail.