Celebes Rainbowfish (Marosatherina ladigesi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
6.4-7.6cm (2.5-3 ")
7.0 - 8.0
21.1-27.2°C (70 -81 °F)
- Celebes Rainbowfish, Celebes Sailfin
Additional scientific names
- Telmatherina ladigesi
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- The males are more colourful than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A shoaling fish that should be kept in groups of 5 or more. Does best in a peaceful community set up, preferably in brackish water.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most floating foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish is very sensitive to water conditions and will need frequent water changes. They need densely planted areas with hiding places as well as open swimming areas. They need a well aerated tank and a fine gravel substrate.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This fish has a slender and elongated body with lateral compression. There are two dorsal fins, the first being very small and the first rays of the second dorsal fin and anal fin develop into long, thread-like appendages. Males are yellow-brown in colour with blue-green iridescence. An iridescent blue to green stripe extends laterally from the caudal fin to the gill cover.The first dorsal fin is amber coloured while the other fins are yellowish. The first rays of the second dorsal and anal fins are black. The edges of the caudal fin are yellow with white ends.The rest of the fin is black. The colours of females are subdued and their fins are shorter.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )