Spotted Medusa Pleco (Ancistrus sp "L255")
From The Aquarium Wiki
Ancistrus sp "L255"
170 Litres (45 US G.)
20.1-20.3cm (7.9-8 ")
6.5 - 7.2
23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- The female is slightly broader than the male. Males have a larger number of bristles on the nose.
- A generally peaceful Pleco with other tank mates. Do not keep with too many other bottom-dwellers or Plecos if not enough hiding places are provided to avoid any aggression.
- Will accept most foods including catfish and algae wafers, appreciates bogwood in the diet and will also take meaty foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day, may be more active when the lights are off.
- Prefers a spacious and well filtered tank with hiding places, bogwood, rounded stones and caves provided.
- A peaceful, mostly nocturnal, Pleco.
- Similar to Ancistrus ranunculus but slightly larger in length and has defined cream-yellow spotting across the body.