Ternetzi Anostomus (Anostomus ternetzi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
132 Litres (35 US G.)
10-12 cm (3.9-4.7")
5.8 - 7.5
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Ternetzi Anostomus, Ternetz's Anostomus
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Mature females should be more rounded in the belly than males.
- Should be kept in groups of at least 6 or more, in smaller groups they may argue with each other. Tankmates should be robust, peaceful and short-finned such as Plecos and peaceful robust South American Cichlids as well as similar sized Characins, but not in the genus Anostomus.
- Is primarily herbivorous and should accept prepared pellet and flake food as well as nibble at blanched vegetables and spirulina. Will also eat small meaty foods like brine shrimp. Will also graze on algae.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs a laterally spacious tank and prefers a biotope set up with a sand substrate, rounded river rocks and large pieces of driftwood and bogwood. These fish will eat live plants so are not planted tank safe. Appreciates some current.
- An active fish that is less argumentative than it's cousin Anostomus anostomus. Should be kept in groups of 6 or more however as it still may argue over territories otherwise.
- Very similar to Anostomus anostomus, but lacks the red colouration in the fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )